A few months ago we bought you 10 real reasons why Wollongong is the happiest city in Australia. Tonight, their northern cousin is getting the same treatment – because it hasn’t earned the ridiculously eye-roll-inducing moniker of God’s Country for no reason . Presenting 11 real reasons that the Sutherland Shire truly is God’s Country:
1. We’ve got our own Nuclear reactor, so we’re basically Springfield’s sister city:
2. The home of fantastic, high brow television production.
3. …and cinema:
(*Editor’s Note: The TV adaptation that Channel 10 did has been fantastic. Check it.)
4. A nightlife that’s the envy of all of Sydney.
5. One word – Carmens. Where the party don’t start ’til you walk in:
6. And who could forget Vinyl Room – where jam-ball donut shots and the Greatest Hits Of Year 6 Discos are all you need to make the night unforgettable:
7.Rapidly depleting sand dunes…I think they filmed an episode of the Biggest Loser here once?
8. This friendly dude representing us in Parliament:
9. Architecture that’s built to stand the test of time:
10. We’re looked upon with such a fondness by the rest of Sydney as well:
11. It’s where Crocodile Dunphy was birthed:
What more could you possibly need?