While we don’t blame people being curious about tattoos, there are some questions people who have been inked, constantly receive. Needless to say, after a while it can get a little frustrating.
1. “Oh did it hurt?”
There was a needle. Going into my skin. Grazing my bone in some circumstances. It did not tickle.
2. “Do you have any tattoos in private areas?”
Do you keep your pubic hair? Do you vajazzle yourself? Is it really any of your business?
3. “What does your tattoo mean?”
Look, I get that it’s a question coming from mostly curious and non-judgey folk, but anyone with sentimental tattoos will understand that it’s kind of hard to go into the story of the meaning behind the ink to someone you’re not overly familiar with. Mostly because we’ve tried explaining it in a situation before and been met with blank stares or an unconvincing ‘Oh…’
5. “You’re going to regret that later.”
Yeah, and who’s to say you won’t regret your first-born child later? Or your choice of wedding dress? Or your choice in spouse. OR YOUR CHOICE IN WHAT YOU HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT?
6. “What’s the point in having it there if it’s easy to hide?”
7. “Oh that wouldn’t have hurt, mine on the other hand, is a lot bigger.”
Sorry, didn’t realise it was a competition. Woop-de-fucking-doo.
8. “You realise when you get pregnant or gain weight they’ll get ruined right?”
Somehow, if I’m pushing a baby out of my nether regions, I’m going to be more concerned about other parts getting ruined before I think of my tattoos. Just sayin’
9. “What happens when you get older?”
I don’t know? You get wrinkles, you get fat, your boobs sag a bit. Oh and I guess your tattoos probably change as well. List compiled by Tahlia Pritchard. You can follow BULLSH!T on Facebook and Twitter. Do you have any more to add to the list?